39:2-3.6 Liability for civil action.
4. a. A person who knowingly obtains, discloses or uses personal information from a motor vehicle record for a purpose not permitted under this act shall be liable to the individual to whom the information pertains, who may bring a civil action in the Superior Court.
b. The court may award:
(1) actual damages, but not less than liquidated damages in the amount of $2,500;
(2) punitive damages upon proof of willful or reckless disregard of the law;
(3) reasonable attorney's fees and other litigation costs reasonably incurred; and
(4) such other preliminary and equitable relief as the court determines to be appropriate.